Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Don't Tempt the Temptations


(Yes, I'm a Chargers fan, but I don't like to charge things on my credit card - hehehhe)

Ah, I'm back. I know it's been a while and I have to be truthful, since my birthday in September I took another long 3 month break that led to a weight gain of about 6 pounds. I am not going to justify the weight gain, I'm not going to make excuses and I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

This 3 month break and weight gain is part of my journey to my ultimate weight goal, but in talking to someone yesterday about my previous vices, I realize that you can apply what you learn on your weight journey into other aspects of your life.

Did you know that I am a reformed shopper? It has been over 1 year since my last credit card swipe and how funny is it that in the process I had lost a total of about 40 pounds (net weight loss, it seems that 5-6 pounds when I take a break come back to haunt me).

When I was being interviewed about my shopping habits, it hit me that both in your weight loss journey and in your financial goals that sometimes you have to take away the temptation. When I decided to stop using my credit card, I gave my credit cards to my husband and even a year ago we both couldn't cut them up. But at least for me, the sheer act of not being tempted on a daily basis helped me become the reformed shopper am I today.

Although, it seems like I still have a long journey ahead of me for both my weight loss goals and my "financial freedom" goals I can rest assured that I am a happier and more aware person than I was a year ago.

No comments: