Monday, October 11, 2010

The right size

Oh it's been a weird love hate relationship lately with my weight goals and I'm sure I'm not alone. I love how I have lost the weight, but I'm hating constantly buying or making new clothes. Trust me I love making clothes, but when I have to with orders and projects, it can get pretty stressful.

Also, when I do buy clothes I end up buying something that doesn't fit me after 2 or 3 weeks. Don't get me wrong I love clothes, but I don't like to spend money on something that I can only wear for a few weeks before I have to alter it.

So, after a little thought and shopping / bonding with my little sister over the out fit below, I found out a few ways we can get clothes to fit right or even change up the style while we are still losing weight.


(Total cost of out fit above was $27.00, including the headband, the shoes, the purse, and the cardigan)

1.) Buy it in a smaller size - the strapless dress I bought in the picture is a small and right now I have been fitting into mediums, it helped that the top is elastic fitted. It wasn't uncomfortable to wear, but I noticed the dress tends to ride up under the breast area. I figure it will fit better when I reach my weight goals. (Dress on sale at Forever 21 for $9.00)

2.) Buy clothes that are stretchy - the little cardigan was perfect, because I don't really like my arms right now and feel more comfortable in sleeves. You can't tell in the picture that it's a little small. I can button it fine, but you can tell the buttons are stressed from a little more pull than it should be receiving. (Cardigan found at the Wave for $6.00)

3.) Belt it - I love belts for my favorite shirts that have become loose and way too baggy to be worn by it's self. Some of the longer shirts I own, have now become dresses on me and with a belt around it looks like any ordinary shirt dress.

4.) Cut it - If you really don't care about finished hems, this is perfect. Depending what you are cutting you can cut a shirt in the center and make it a cute cardigan. I love a clean look, so I end up sewing, but there are fabric glues you can use to finish up the edge.

No comments: