Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I cheat


Yes, I know that the whole weight loss process is suppose to be all healthy non-processed foods. Shhh, I totally cheat on this! I don't have a ton of time sometimes, especially this week I am still sewing 6 gowns, on TV, producing a fashion show and also being a designer in thus fashion show.

So, I think cheating on the processed foods is totally ok especially when you make healthier choices. For example, tonight's dish was spaghetti with a meaty sauce. The sauce I used was a Hunt's, because I have no idea how to make spaghetti sauce from scratch.

I used a whole wheat pasta from Fresh and Easy which has more fiber than the regular stuff. For the meat, I used ground beef that is 97% lean which contains less fat and calories than regular ground beef. I added fresh onions in the sauce and topped it off with fresh uncooked tomatoes.

Calorie wise I was full off of two cups of cooked pasta (300 calories, 2grams), 2 cups of meat sauce (300, 12g) and fresh veggies equates to about 30 calories, 0 grams of fat.

The grand total for dinner was 630 calories and 14 grams of fat. Not bad since I will be taking an hour walk with the dog and my hubby, which burns about 180 calories : ).

No comments: