Monday, July 19, 2010

A Milestone For Me


(Picture taken before the Silversun Pickups concert, 1 pound lighter after 2 weeks of being on vacation)


Today I weighed myself and I officially lost enough weight where I can say that I weigh less than my hubby. I know for most it may not be a major milestone, but for me it certainly is. Especially, if you have seen what my hubby looks like.

If you want a rough idea he is 6'4" tall and of the 10 years we have been together he has only gained 2 pounds. I will be honest, weight has always been an issue for me and I think it may for several women (and men). From the time I was a freshman in high school, I have weighed anywhere between 97 pounds to 189.

I can joke now about how I got disapproved for insurance last year mainly because of my weight, but when it first happened I cried. It certainly was a wake up call that I needed to change and what's funny is that I am a pound away from being eligible for benefits from the insurance company that disapproved me.

I guess I am near reaching a couple milestones this week, which is great because I was a little frustrated. All last week about my caloric intake was roughly at 1100 - 1200 calories a day, as well as exercising about 2 hours a day sometimes in the heat. I guess sometimes emotions can play a role on our weight goals and like I said before harboring guilt can cause unwanted stress. So, I am remembering one of tips for this "12 Step" daily program that I have created for myself and letting go of the guilt. Luckily this morning I saw the reward for doing so with 1 more pound gone.

I am changing Gone with the Wind's "As God as my witness, I will never go hungry again" quote to "As God as my witness, I will never be heavy again!"

No comments: