Sunday, June 20, 2010

Being a Weekend Warrior

I think most people trying to lose weight have trouble watching their waistline over the weekend. Unfortunately, after my win as "Best Custom Dressmaker" from Arizona Bride Magazine I felt like celebrating.

I started feeling a little guilty about it, until I remembered that my eating habits on Friday and Saturday was sometimes a daily occurrence (eating about 2500 calories or more) , but worse because I wouldn't keep track of my calories. Today is Sunday and I know that I can get back to good again with my weight goals. I plan to do some aerobic exercise and continue to lift weights to tone up my arms and that is an accomplishment in itself, since I don't usually workout on Sundays. I am making up for yesterday. : )

One thing for sure is when you go out to eat, the caloric value of food is almost double or even triple what it should be.

Take a piece of 5 oz tuna,(I ate a ahi tuna burger at Hula's Modern Tiki) it has 153 calories and 2 grams of fat (caloric information taken from fitday.com). Pretty healthy right, well fry that tuna up, add mayo to the hamburger buns and I estimate it becomes about 650 calories and 23 grams of fat.

I know estimate slightly higher, but that's one of the things I do. When I see how many calories I have already eaten, at least I can control what I eat in my next meal a little better and when I weigh myself I can be surprised when I lose more than I thought. : )

No comments: